Thursday, June 9, 2011

I know...

...it's not perfect you're there for the summer. Sometimes it will be seemless, sometimes it won't. Sometimes one of us will be sleeping, or in need of it, and the other won't. Sometimes one of us will want to share something, and the other won't be able to listen right then. Sometimes one of us will feel the separation more than the other. We can't help that. It's what happens when life happens away from each-other.

Just always be sure that I love you. That even when I am exhausted, I want to hear your voice say, "good night.". That even if I'm busy, I always want to share the details of our lives. That being apart is really a chance to appreciate the space we make in each-others lives when we are together.

You're there for the Summer. And I could spend the time lamenting that - or celebrating the ever-shortening window of your return.

I'll take door number two.

I'm yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment